- We'll add the subproject as a new remote and fetch the history:
$ git remote add lib_a https://github.com/PacktPublishing/Git-Version-Control-Cookbook-Second-Edition_lib_a.git
$ git fetch lib_a
warning: no common commits
remote: Reusing existing pack: 18, done.
remote: Total 18 (delta 0), reused 0 (delta 0)
Unpacking objects: 100% (18/18), done.
* [new branch] develop -> lib_a/develop
* [new branch] master -> lib_a/master
* [new branch] stable -> lib_a/stable
- We can now create a local branch, lib_a_master, which points to the same commit as the master branch in lib a (lib_a/master):
$ git checkout -b lib_a_master lib_a/master ...
Get Git Version Control Cookbook now with O’Reilly online learning.
O’Reilly members experience live online training, plus books, videos, and digital content from 200+ publishers.