Octave is primarily designed to run under GNU/Linux. However, you can also run Octave under Windows with only a few glitches here and there. The installation procedure, runs very smoothly under Windows. Let us start with this.
Installing Octave on Windows is straightforward. The steps are as follows:
- Go to the Octave-Forge web site. Here there is a hyper link to a Windows installer. Download this installer onto your desktop or any other destination you may prefer.
- Double-click on the installer icon.
- You will see a greeting window. Click on the Next button.
- The next window shows you the license agreement, which I recommend that you read. Click the Next button.
- Now, you will have the opportunity to choose where Octave will be ...