Chapter 9. Using the cloud
This chapter covers
- Introducing cloud computing
- Working with multiple cloud providers
- Gathering information on the cloud host
- Compiling to various operating systems and architectures
- Monitoring the Go runtime in an application
Cloud computing has become one of the buzzwords of modern computing. Is it just a buzzword or something more? This chapter opens with an introduction to cloud computing that explores this question and what cloud computing looks like in a practical sense. You’ll see how it relates to the traditional models working with hardware servers and virtual machines.
Cloud computing is a space filled with various cloud providers. It’s easy to build an application that ends up being locked into ...