For those who do not want to write code, the search wizards and solutions built with the Google Ajax Search API generate code to accomplish common tasks like adding local search results to a Google Maps API mashup, adding video search thumbnails to your web site, or adding a news reel with the latest up to date stories to your blog.
More advanced users can directly access the raw search results to heavily customize the look and feel of results for your web application, and create new and innovative mashup applications.
Table of Contents
Google Ajax Search API
- Add Google Search to Your Web Pages
- What Is Ajax?
- What You’ll Need
- Diving Into an Example
- See It on Your Web Site
- Putting the Pieces Together
- Searching Beyond the Web
- Where’s the Center?
- Expanding the Search Results
- Showing Results in Tabs
- Separating the Search Results
- Just Search My Web Site
- Customizing the Search Engine
- Even More Customization
- Using the Wizards to Generate Code
- About the Authors
- Title: Google Ajax Search API
- Release date: September 2007
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9780596529536