7+ Hours of Video Instruction
In just under 7 hours, the Google Cloud Certified Associate Cloud Engineer Complete Video Course provides a clear and easily digestible exploration into the foundational concepts of cloud computing, Google Cloud Platform, and all the objectives and sub-objectives of the Google Cloud Certified Associate Cloud Engineer certification, including demonstrations of the deployment of applications, monitoring of operations of multiple projects, and many more.
The Google Cloud Certified Associate Cloud Engineer Complete Video Course provides a clear and easily digestible introduction and demonstration of the deployment of applications, monitoring of operations of multiple projects, and maintenance of enterprise solutions to ensure that target performance metrics are met. This video course is also designed to help you study for and pass the Google Cloud Certified Associate Cloud Engineer exam. The learner will gain the knowledge and experience necessary to begin working with public clouds and on-premises solutions. They will be able to use Google Cloud Console and the command-line interface to perform common platform-based tasks to maintain one or more deployed solutions that leverage Google-managed or self-managed services on Google Cloud.
Michael Shannon’s wealth of experience, engaging manner, and detailed instruction, which includes diagrams, demonstrations, and detailed explanations, will walk the learner through the foundational concepts of cloud computing, Google Cloud Platform, and all the objectives and sub-objectives of the Google Cloud Certified Associate Cloud Engineer certification.
Module 1: Introducing Google Cloud Computing
Module 2: Setting Up a Cloud Solution Environment
Module 3: Planning and Configuring a Cloud Solution
Module 4: Deploying and Implementing a Cloud Solution
Module 5: Ensuring Successful Operation of a Cloud Solution
About the Instructor
Michael Shannon began his IT career when he transitioned from a recording studio engineer to network technician for a major telecommunications company in the early 90s. He soon began to focus on security and was one of the first 10 people to attain the HIPAA Certified Security Specialist. Throughout his 30 years in IT, he has worked as an employee, contractor, trainer, and consultant for a number of companies including Platinum Technologies, Fujitsu, IBM, State Farm, Pearson, MindSharp, Thomson/NetG, and Skillsoft, among others. Mr. Shannon has authored several books, training manuals, published articles, and produced dozens of CBT titles through the years as well. He resides with his wife in Abilene, Texas.
Learn How To
- Deploy applications, monitor operations, and maintain cloud projects on Google Cloud Platform
- Achieve the Google Cloud Certified Associate Cloud Engineer certification
Who Should Take This Course
- Anyone with a basic general knowledge of networking and information technology including virtualization technologies, who wants to learn about the fundamentals of Google Cloud Platform computing engineering and passing the highly-desirable Google Cloud Certified Associate Cloud Engineer exam.
Module 1, “Introducing Google Cloud Computing,” familiarizes the viewer with virtualization technologies, which is at the heart of cloud computing. The cloud service types and deployment models are covered, as well as an introduction to GCP core services like Computing, Hosting, Storage, Networking, Database, and Big Data, finishing up with Machine Learning services.
Module 2, “Setting up a Cloud Solution Environment,” gets into setting up Cloud Projects and Accounts among other important early lifecycle tasks and best practices. Exploring important billing concepts and practices, and installing and configuring the command line interface through the Cloud SDK download are also covered.
Module 3, “Planning and Configuring a Cloud Solution,” focuses solely on planning the deployment of compute, database, and storage solutions.
Module 4, “Deploying and Implementing a Cloud Solution,” contains the core learning content of this course. It includes 22 live demonstrations with more than two hours of hands-on labs. It covers all of the exam objectives for configuring compute, database, and storage services, as well as networking and other services like Google Cloud Launcher.
Module 5, “Ensuring Successful Operation of a Cloud Solution.” discusses monitoring and logging—primarily with Stackdriver; and then the critical Identity and Access Management (IAM service) with both predefined and custom roles configured in both the Console and Google Cloud Shell.
About Pearson Video Training
Pearson publishes expert-led video tutorials covering a wide selection of technology topics designed to teach you the skills you need to succeed. These professional and personal technology videos feature world-leading author instructors published by your trusted technology brands: Addison-Wesley, Cisco Press, Pearson IT Certification, Prentice Hall, Sams, and Que. Topics include: IT Certification, Network Security, Cisco Technology, Programming, Web Development, Mobile Development, and more. Learn more about Pearson Video training at http://www.informit.com/video.
Table of contents
- Module 1: Introducing Google Cloud Computing
- Lesson 1: Getting Familiar with Virtualization
- Lesson 2: Understanding Cloud Computing
- Lesson 3: Introducing Google Cloud Platform Services
- Module 2: Setting up a Cloud Solution Environment
- Lesson 4: Setting up Cloud Projects and Accounts
- Lesson 5: Managing Billing Configuration
- Lesson 6: Installing and Configuring the Command Line Interface
- Module 3: Planning and Configuring a Cloud Solution
- Lesson 7: Planning and Configuring Compute and Storage
- Module 4: Deploying and Implementing a Cloud Solution
Lesson 8: Deploying and Implementing Compute Services
- Learning objectives
- 8.1 Deploying and Implementing Compute Engine
- 8.2 Deploying and Implementing Kubernetes Engine—Part 1
- 8.3 Deploying and Implementing Kubernetes Engine—Part 2
- 8.4 Deploying and Implementing App Engine and Cloud Functions—Part 1
- 8.5 Deploying and Implementing App Engine and Cloud Functions—Part 2
Lesson 9: Deploying and Implementing Database and Storage Services
- Learning objectives
- 9.1 Initializing Data Systems with Cloud SQL
- 9.2 Initializing Data Systems with Cloud Datastore
- 9.3 Initializing Data Systems with Cloud Storage
- 9.4 Initializing Data Systems with Big Query
- 9.5 Initializing Data Systems with Cloud Spanner
- 9.6 Initializing Data Systems with Cloud Pub/Sub
- 9.7 Initializing Data Systems with Cloud Bigtable
- 9.8 Initializing Data Systems with Cloud Dataproc
Lesson 10: Deploying and Implementing Networking Services
- Learning objectives
- 10.1 Creating a VPC with Subnets
- 10.2 Creating Firewall Rules for a VPC
- 10.3 Testing Network Latency and Performance
- 10.4 Creating a Virtual Private Network—Part 1
- 10.5 Creating a Virtual Private Network—Part 2
- 10.6 Examining Dynamic Routes
- 10.7 Comparing and Creating Load Balancers
- 10.8 Setting Up a Private Kubernetes Cluster
- Lesson 11: Using GCP Deployment Manager
- Module 5: Ensuring Successful Operation of a Cloud Solution
- Lesson 12: Monitoring and Logging
- Lesson 13: Managing Identity and Access Management (IAM)
- Title: Google Cloud Certified Associate Cloud Engineer
- Release date: June 2019
- Publisher(s): Pearson IT Certification
- ISBN: 013576808X
You might also like
10+ Hours of Video Instruction Linux Fundamentals LiveLessons has more than 10 hours of comprehensive video …
51+ hours of video instruction. Overview The professional programmer’s Deitel® video guide to Python development with …
AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner Complete Video Course
7 Hours of Video Instruction Seven hours of video instruction covering the fundamentals of cloud computing; …
Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA), 3/e
16+ Hours of Video Instruction Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) Complete Video Course 3rd Edition …