The implementation approach would be to first create the backend service (the database), then the instance-related setup, and finally the load balancing setup:
- Let's first create a Cloud SQL instance. On the Google Console, navigate to the SQL menu item under Storage.
- Click on Create instance and select MySQL.
- Choose the recommended MySQL second generation and fill out the details:
The root password is set to a simple password for demonstration purposes.
- Note the IP address of the Cloud SQL instance that will be fed to the configuration file in the next step:
- Navigate to the /Chapter01/php-app/pdo folder. Edit the config.php ...