If you want to gain more control over your social networking activities with Google+, this jargon-free guide helps you quickly master the ins and outs of the site. Learn how to organize your contacts, hold video chats with as many as ten people, and determine exactly who may learn what about you. With this book, you’ll navigate Google+ with ease.
The important stuff you need to know
- Massage your profile. Control what the public, specific groups, or certain individuals can see about you.
- Move in the right circles. Assign folks to different groups and share the right stuff with the right people.
- Jump into streams. Get all the updates, pictures, and links from people you know.
- Host hangouts. Organize and attend group video chats.
- View and share photos. Make them available to whomever you like—whether or not they’re Google+ members.
- Get notifications. Monitor what others do (and share about you) on Google+.
- Go mobile. Use Google+ on your Android, iPhone, or mobile web browser.
Table of contents
- A Note Regarding Supplemental Files
- The Missing Credits
- 1. Getting Started
- 2. Managing Contacts with Circles
3. Streams, Sharing, and Privacy
- Viewing Your Stream
- The Anatomy of a Stream
- Writing a Google+ Post
- Choosing Who Sees Your Posts
- Interacting with Posts
- Editing, Deleting, and Controlling Your Posts
- Where You Get Notifications
- Controlling Which Notifications You Receive
- Making Notifications Less Intrusive
5. Sharing Photos and Videos
- Viewing Photos
- Sharing Photos
- Getting Photos onto Google+
- Tagging Photos
- Editing and Deleting Photos
- Adjusting Overall Photo Settings
- Sharing Videos
- 6. Hanging Out
- 7. Searching and Sparks
8. Google+ Mobile
- Getting Google+ onto Your Phone
- Streams, Posts, and Circles
- Viewing Photos
- Starting a Messenger Session (Apps Only)
- Mobile Notifications
- Posting to Google+ via Text Message
- Sending Things to Google+ from Other Apps (Android Only)
- 9. Playing Games
- About the Author
- Title: Google+: The Missing Manual
- Release date: December 2011
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9781449311872
You might also like
40 Algorithms Every Programmer Should Know
Learn algorithms for solving classic computer science problems with this concise guide covering everything from fundamental …
Designing Data-Intensive Applications
Data is at the center of many challenges in system design today. Difficult issues need to …
R in Action, Second Edition
R in Action, Second Edition teaches you how to use the R language by presenting examples …
Head First Design Patterns, 2nd Edition
You know you don’t want to reinvent the wheel, so you look to design patterns—the lessons …