IT security risks are constantly changing, so how do we stay ahead?
To remain competitive we rely on being early adopters of new technologies — but there are inherent risks. As we implement these technologies, how do we manage the risks without hindering the progress of the business?
In Governance and Internal Controls for Cutting Edge IT, Karen Worstell explains strategies and techniques to guide IT managers as they implement cutting edge solutions for their business needs. Based on practical experience and real-life models, she covers key principles and processes for the introduction of new technologies and examines how to establish an appropriate standard of security and control, particularly in the context of the COBIT 5 framework and affiliated standards.
This book will enable you to:
- Optimize your resources by making the most of the potential benefits, and being aware of the potential risks, of your IT provision.
- Improve your stakeholder relationships by enhancing your service management and delivery through the application of appropriate standards.
- Apply security and control methods that are suitable for your business.
- Maximize the opportunities that are presented by compliance legislation and regulations.
- Manage your data storage, data recovery and data migration, particularly in the context of the Cloud
- Ensure business continuity in the face of an incident, and implement strategies to cover the risk of business interruption when using the Cloud.
Table of contents
- Chapter 1: Cutting Edge IT
- Chapter 2: Governance
- Chapter 3: Legislative and Regulatory Compliance Concerns
Chapter 4: Getting the Business Case Right
- A Cost Model For Emerging Technology is Essential
- When the Case “For” is Compelling
- Can Caution be Quantified?
- Putting Together the Cost Model and Business Case
- Holistic Qualitative Cost Model Approach
- Business Case Structure for Innovative IT
- The Approach to Addressing the Business Need
- Alternatives Analysis
- Chapter 5: Service Level Management
- Chapter 6: Security and Control Approach
- Chapter 7: Data Management
- Chapter 8: Business Continuity and Recovery
- Chapter 9: Secure IT-Enabled Organizations
- ITG Resources
- Title: Governance and Internal Controls for Cutting Edge IT
- Release date: March 2013
- Publisher(s): IT Governance Publishing
- ISBN: 9781849284547
You might also like
Executive's Guide to COSO Internal Controls: Understanding and Implementing the New Framework
Essential guidance on the revised COSO internal controls framework Need the latest on the new, revised …
The Official (ISC)2 Guide to the CISSP CBK Reference, 5th Edition
The only official, comprehensive reference guide to the CISSP All new for 2019 and beyond, this …
CISA Certified Information Systems Auditor All-in-One Exam Guide, Fourth Edition, 4th Edition
Publisher's Note: Products purchased from Third Party sellers are not guaranteed by the publisher for quality, …
Information Governance, 2nd Edition
The essential guide to effective IG strategy and practice Information Governance is a highly practical and …