A new edition of the #1 text in the human computer Interaction field!
This book seeks to chart the technology-fueled changes taking place in the field of corporate governance and describes the impact these changes are having on boards and the enterprises they govern. It also describes what the future could look like once companies truly embrace the power of technology to change governance.
Additionally, this book will provide a set of "suggested action steps" for companies and their boards focused on ways they can leverage technology tools to enhance governance immediately. Through a review of the latest governance research, interviews with key thought leaders, and case studies of enterprises that have embraced governance technology, readers will be armed with new insights and approaches they can take to enhance the work of their boards and senior leaders to reach new levels of performance.
- Explains how to use design and evaluation techniques for developing successful interactive technologies
- Demonstrates, through many examples, the cognitive, social and affective issues that underpin the design of these technologies
- Provides thought-provoking design dilemmas and interviews with expert designers and researchers
- Uses a strong pedagogical format to foster understanding and enjoyment
An accompanying website contains extensive additional teaching and learning material including slides for each chapter, comments on chapter activities, and a number of in-depth case studies written by researchers and designers.
Table of contents
- About the Authors
Part 1 Governance Practices in the Digital Age
Chapter 1 Ensuring Value Creation (Despite Volatility)
- Embrace New Ways of Working Together
- Take Value Creation to Committee(s)
- What level of tech literacy do you see in your work with boards?
- Why don’t boards recruit directors with more IT knowledge?
- What specific board practices have you seen change because of the rapidly increasing speed of information?
- Track the Right Metrics and Trends
- What overall practices are having the biggest impact in terms of financial success?
- For the right people, should you look for former CEOs or for board members with other skillsets, like next-gen directors with digital experience?
- How are you seeing companies become more diverse?
Chapter 2 Building a Resilient Board
- Resilience through Board Infrastructure
- Resilience through Board Performance
- What steps can boards take to become more resilient?
- What impact do you believe you’ve personally made as a female, next-gen director?
- At what stage should boards start thinking about diversity?
- Resilience through Board Composition
- How do you build a truly resilient board?
- How can companies ensure that these diverse directors get the right amount of information, at the right time?
- Start Building a Resilient Board Now
Chapter 3 The Board’s Expanding Role in Managing Risk
- Evaluate Your Board’s Approach to Risk
- Triage and Track Threats
- How do you view the board’s role in overseeing cyber risk?
- Should boards bring on a cyber expert?
- Should the CIO or CISO report to the board rather than the CEO?
- Should Your Audit Committee Delegate Cyber Risk?
- Be Ready for Anything (Because It Will Probably Happen)
- Tech is changing at a very rapid pace. What impact is this having on the work of directors?
- What can directors do to stay current?
- What tools would you find helpful for preparing for board meetings and staying up to speed?
- How do you see the board’s role changing in terms of strategy?
- Chapter 4 Building Insights and Just-in-Time Strategies
- Chapter 5 From Corporate Citizenship to ESG
- Chapter 6 Directors and Personal Accountability
- Chapter 1 Ensuring Value Creation (Despite Volatility)
Part 2 Framework for Modern Governance
- Chapter 7 Board Behavioral Profiles: A Governance Roadmap for the Digital Age
- Chapter 8 Board Behavioral Profiles in Action
- Wiley End User License Agreement
- Title: Governance in the Digital Age
- Release date: April 2019
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9781119546702
You might also like
Software development today is embracing events and streaming data, which optimizes not only how technology interacts …
When it comes to building user interfaces on the web, React enables web developers to unlock …
Amazon Web Services in Action, Third Edition
Master essential best practices for deploying and managing applications on Amazon Web Services. This revised bestseller …
Foundations of Information Security
In this high-level survey of the information security field, best-selling author Jason Andress covers the basics …