An expert's insider secrets to how successful CEOs and directors shape, lead, and oversee their organizations to achieve corporate goals
Governance, Risk Management, and Compliance shows senior executives and board members how to ensure that their companies incorporate the necessary processes, organization, and technology to accomplish strategic goals. Examining how and why some major companies failed while others continue to grow and prosper, author and internationally recognized expert Richard Steinberg reveals how to cultivate a culture, leadership process and infrastructure toward achieving business objectives and related growth, profit, and return goals.
- Explains critical factors that make compliance and ethics programs and risk management processes really work
- Explores the board's role in overseeing corporate strategy, risk management, CEO compensation, succession planning, crisis planning, performance measures, board composition, and shareholder communications
- Highlights for CEOs, senior management teams, and board members the pitfalls to avoid and what must go right for success
- Outlines the future of corporate governance and what's needed for continued effectiveness
- Written by well-known corporate governance and risk management expert Richard Steinberg
Governance, Risk Management, and Compliance lays a sound foundation and provides critical insights for understanding the role of governance, risk management, and compliance and its successful implementation in today's business environment.
Table of Contents
- Additional praise for: Governance, Risk Management, and Compliance
- Title Page
- Chapter 1: What Is GRC, and Why Does It Matter?
- Chapter 2: Culture, the Critical Driver
- Chapter 3: Cost-Effective Compliance Programs
- Chapter 4: Ethics Programs: Another Foundational Block
- Chapter 5: Risk Management and the Financial System's Near Meltdown
- Chapter 6: What Is Risk Management About?
- Chapter 7: Implementing ERM
- Chapter 8: Does Internal Control Really Matter?
- Chapter 9: Control over Operational Performance
- Chapter 10: Boards of Directors’ Focus
- Chapter 11: Overseeing Strategy and Risk Management
- Chapter 12: CEO Compensation, Succession Planning, and Crisis Management
- Chapter 13: Performance Measurement and Reporting
- Chapter 14: Building an Effective Board
- Chapter 15: Avoiding Board Pitfalls
- Chapter 16: Where the Power Lies
- Chapter 17: Structural Issues at the Board
- Chapter 18: Looking to the Future
- About the Author
- Title: Governance, Risk Management, and Compliance: It Can't Happen to Us—Avoiding Corporate Disaster While Driving Success
- Release date: August 2011
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9781118024300