Chapter 6. Developing tasty views, forms, and layouts
In this chapter
- How GSPs work
- The common GSP tag libraries
- Rendering and processing forms
- Writing custom tag libraries
- Creating stunning layouts
- Adding visual effects and animation
- Explore interactive Ajax tags and remoting
We’ve spent most of the book so far building the heart of Hubbub: processing incoming requests, interacting with the data model, calling business logic, and creating posts, users, and timelines. It’s been a lot of fun, but not visually satisfying. It’s time to leave the core functionality behind and do some work on the user interface (UI) of our web application.
A great-looking UI has all sorts of subtle impacts on the user. People think that a visually pleasing application ...