Chapter 9. Wizards and workflow with webflows
In this chapter
- What webflows are, and what they’re useful for
- Implementing basic wizard-style flows
- Making use of branching for complex conditions
- Simplifying logic with subflows
- Leveraging flow-scoped stateful services
- Testing webflows
We’ve covered a lot of territory so far, and learned a lot about the basics of controllers, views, and models—how they work together and how to test them. We’ve given our application a great UI makeover, and learned plenty about core Grails application development in the process. But we haven’t explored basic workflow yet.
What if you have a signup process that spans several pages? Or what if your shopping cart checkout needs to optionally give the user shipping ...