By the end of this chapter, you should be able to:
• Proofread your writing for clarity of meaning.
• Use parallel structures to strengthen your writing.
• Eliminate shifts in tense, mood, and voice in your writing.
• Use word order and sentence variety to strengthen your writing.
• Avoid common pitfalls.
• Avoid being repetitive and negative in your writing.
Now that we have covered the grammar basics, it is time to turn our attention to proofreading. Proofreading is a process (see Exhibit 9–4). After you have written your rough draft, you go back and perfect it. ...