End of Chapter Four Review
- The shots you create must be edited together so plan for that process.
- Watch for continuity of action in performance.
- Maintain continuity of screen direction from one shot to another.
- Let the line of attention connect objects for the audience.
- Use sight lines and the action line to maintain proper screen direction while shooting coverage for a scene.
- Move the camera at least 30 degrees (or more) around your shooting arc and change your focal length so no two shots of coverage seem to come from the same angle on action.
- Always match your shots for framing, angle, focal length, and so on when shooting a multicharacter scene, unless you have a creative motivation to do otherwise.
- An eye-line match keeps your audience ...