The Internet is an amazing travel tool, offering us everything we need—if we just know how and where to look. This book was created specifically for adults 50 and older who would like to take advantage of what the Internet has to offer.
Even if you are new to computers, this book gives you the tools you need to become your own travel agent! It covers everything from planning your trip, getting the best prices, and choosing activities to keep you from getting lost during your journey. Regardless of what type of travels you are planning, this book provides essential do’s and don’ts that will help lessen your surprises when reaching your destination.
Inside you’ll find more information on:
• Comparison shop to find the best bargains on flights, hotels, and activities.
• Find a vacation that suits your interests. Want adventure? Find the best places to hike, kayak, camp, rock climb, and even travel to space.
• Be prepared for international travel by learning the essentials of traveling abroad.
• Find the best places to go if you have special needs.
• Stay in touch with family and friends through Internet cafes, laptops, hotspots, and high-tech gadgets.
• Take your pet with you! Find out which places are pet friendly.
1 The Internet: An Amazing Travel Tool
2 Planning Your Trip
3 Bargains Galore
4 Tips for Air and Sea Travel
5 On the Road Again
6 Distinctive Travel Adventures
7 International Travel
8 Healthy Travel and Special Needs
9 Traveling with Pets
10 Stay Online on the Go
11 Don’t Leave Home Without ’Em
12 Sharing Memories from Your Travels
Category General PC
User Level Beginning
Sandy Berger has more than three decades of experience as a computer and technology expert and is a featured technology expert writer for AARP.
Sandy is president of Computer Living Corp, a computer consulting and training company, and writes a monthly column in Smart Computing magazine called “TechMates.” She has authored three Great Age Guides, including the Internet, Better Living Through Technology, and Gadgets and Gizmos.
www.greatagebooks.com …where learning never ends!
The Great Age website is an oasis of information that will help further enhance your learning. The website will provide access to:
• Great Age Bookstore
• Great Age Product Reviews
• Great Age Tutorials
• Great Age Video Programs
• Great Age Newsletter
• Great Age Podcasts
• Great Age Community Room
$19.99 USA / $24.99 CAN / £13.99 Net UK