Great CSS: Level 1 will lay the foundation for getting started with CSS. Once you've finished the course you'll have all the tools you need to turn a plain website into a masterpiece. Even beyond the basics you'll learn how professional web designers utilize CSS, honing in on some of the overlooked features that will make you fall in love CSS.
When you buy Great CSS: Level 1, you get access to an entire video library of lessons-including lessons that aren't available yet! Here's the scoop: we're continually adding new sections in Level 1 that take you further into CSS. We're also updating existing lessons and creating new ones in response to your questions, along with special "challenge lessons" that will test your skills. All of this is yours with Great CSS: Level 1.
You'll learn how to reference CSS from within HTML, how to add style efficiently and even how to get past some common hurdles. We'll turn an unstyled web-page into a multi-column, beautiful layout all while adhering to the W3C guidelines of standards-based coding. On top of that, we'll make sure that our CSS is browser compatible and how to get around some of the painful IE6 bugs.
Table of contents
- Getting Started
- Use a Fluid/Liquid Width Layout 00:03:13
- Fix the Width of Your Page's Layout 00:02:29
- What are Margin and Padding? 00:02:25
- Create Two Columns Using float 00:03:57
- Reset Positioning by Clearing a float 00:03:30
- Position a Section of Your Page Absolutely 00:02:43
- Fix an Object's Position on a Page 00:01:45
- Use Web-Safe Fonts and Families 00:02:51
- Set the Size of Your Fonts 00:03:21
- Set Colors with RGB Values 00:03:00
- Set Colors with HEX Values 00:02:48
- Add Weight or Bold to Fonts 00:04:33
- Emphasize Text with Italics 00:02:02
- Transform Your Text 00:01:44
- Align Text on a Page 00:01:00
- Save Time with Font Shorthand 00:01:55
- Title: Great CSS: Level 1
- Release date: December 2009
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 063692000101
You might also like
CSS in Depth in Motion
Inside: CSS in Depth in Motion is a new course that lives up to its name, …
Build Real World Websites from Scratch using HTML5 and CSS3
Learn HTML5 and CSS3 from scratch. Learn both the basics and advanced concepts and confidently build …