In Video Editions the narrator reads the book while the content, figures, code listings, diagrams, and text appear on the screen. Like an audiobook that you can also watch as a video.
"This book does the impossible: it makes math fun and easy!"
Sander Rossel, COAS Software Systems
Grokking Algorithms is a fully illustrated, friendly guide that teaches you how to apply common algorithms to the practical problems you face every day as a programmer. You'll start with sorting and searching and, as you build up your skills in thinking algorithmically, you'll tackle more complex concerns such as data compression and artificial intelligence. Each carefully presented example includes helpful diagrams and fully annotated code samples in Python.
Grokking Algorithms is a friendly take on this core computer science topic. In it, you'll learn how to apply common algorithms to the practical programming problems you face every day. You'll start with tasks like sorting and searching. As you build up your skills, you'll tackle more complex problems like data compression and artificial intelligence. Each carefully presented example includes helpful diagrams and fully annotated code samples in Python. By the end of this video editions course, you will have mastered widely applicable algorithms as well as how and when to use them.
An algorithm is nothing more than a step-by-step procedure for solving a problem. The algorithms you'll use most often as a programmer have already been discovered, tested, and proven. If you want to understand them but refuse to slog through dense multipage proofs, you are at the right place. This fully illustrated and engaging guide makes it easy to learn how to use the most important algorithms effectively in your own programs.Inside:
- Covers search, sort, and graph algorithms
- Over 400 pictures with detailed walkthroughs
- Performance trade-offs between algorithms
- Python-based code samples
Aditya Bhargava is a Software Engineer with a dual background in Computer Science and Fine Arts. He blogs on programming at adit.io.
Do you want to treat yourself to learning algorithms in the same way that you would read your favorite novel? If so, this is the book you need!
Sankar Ramanathan, IBM Analytics
In today’s world, there is no aspect of our lives that isn’t optimized by some algorithm. Let this be the first book you pick up if you want a well-explained introduction to the topic.
Amit Lamba, Tech Overture, LLC
Algorithms are not boring! This book was fun and insightful for both my students and me.
Christopher Haupt, Mobirobo, Inc
NARRATED BY DEREK LETTMAN
Table of contents
- Chapter 1. Introduction to Algorithms
- Chapter 1. A Better Way to Search
- Chapter 1. Algorithm running times grow at different rates
- Chapter 1. Some common Big O run times
- Chapter 2. Selection Sort
- Chapter 2. Terminology
- Chapter 3. Recursion
- Chapter 3. The Stack
- Chapter 4. Quicksort - 1st part
- Chapter 4. Quicksort - 2nd part
- Chapter 4. Big O notation revisited
- Chapter 5. Hash Tables
- Chapter 5. Use Cases
- Chapter 5. Collisions
- Chapter 5. Performance
- Chapter 6. Breadth-first Search
- Chapter 6. Finding the shortest path
- Chapter 6. Implementing the graph
- Chapter 7. Dijkstra’s algorithm
- Chapter 7. Trading for a piano
- Chapter 7. Negative-weight edges
- Chapter 8. Greedy Algorithms
- Chapter 8. Approximation algorithms
- Chapter 8. NP-complete problems
- Chapter 9. Dynamic Programming - 1st part
- Chapter 9. Dynamic programming - 2nd part
- Chapter 9. Can you steal fractions of an item?
- Chapter 9. Longest common substring
- Chapter 10. K-nearest neighbors
- Chapter 10. Regression
- Chapter 10. OCR
- Chapter 11. Where to go next
- Chapter 11. MapReduce
- Chapter 11. The SHA algorithms
- Chapter 11. Diffie-Hellman key exchange
- Title: Grokking Algorithms, Video Edition
- Release date: May 2016
- Publisher(s): Manning Publications
- ISBN: 9781617292231VE
You might also like
Algorithms: 24-part Lecture Series
Algorithms, Deluxe Edition, Fourth Edition These Algorithms Video Lectures cover the essential information that every serious …
Grokking Algorithms is a fully illustrated, friendly guide that teaches you how to apply common algorithms …
Python: Zero to Coder (Video Collection)
Overview 16+ Hours of Video Instruction Description This master class includes the following courses: Introduction to …
Data Structures and Algorithms: The Complete Masterclass
With the knowledge of data structures and algorithms at your fingertips, you can write efficient computer …