gRPC is a new and modern framework for building scalable, modern, and fast APIs. It is leveraged by many top tech companies such as Google, Square, and Netflix and enables programmers to write microservices in any language they want while keeping the ability to easily create communications between these services. It relies on protocol buffers as the transport mechanism and the Service Definition Language.
gRPC [Golang] Master Class: Build Modern APIs and Microservices is the best way to get a great overview of all the possibilities offered by gRPC with your favourite language
• Learn the gRPC theory to understand how gRPC works
• Compare gRPC and the REST API paradigm
• Write your gRPC service definitions in .proto files
• Generate server and client Code in Golang using the Gradle gRPC plugin
• Implement unary, server streaming, client streaming, and the bi-directional streaming API
• Practice your learning with exercises and solutions
• Implement advanced concepts such as error handling, deadlines, and SSL security
• Implement a full CRUD API on top of MongoDB
• Get pointers to expand your learning journey and get inspired by real-world gRPC services
This perfect gRPC course will help you simplify your APIs and clients. This is not for a total beginner, though; experience with Go is a must and experience with creating/maintaining APIs is a big plus to help you understand what is going on.
What You Will Learn
- Generate Server & Client Code in Golang using the protoc gRPC plugin
- Implement unary, server streaming, client streaming, and the bi-directional streaming API
- Practice your learning with exercises and solutions
- Implement advanced concepts such as error handling, deadlines, and SSL security
- Implement a full CRUD API on top of MongoDB
- Get pointers to expand your learning journey and get inspired by real-world gRPC services.
Developers who want to understand how to write gRPC services and clients in Golang and architects who want to understand how gRPC works and the concepts behind the different types of API.
About The Author
Stéphane Maarek: Stéphane Maarek is a solutions architect, consultant, and software developer who has a particular interest in all things related to big data and analytics. He is also a bestseller instructor on Udemy for his courses on Apache Kafka, Apache NiFi, and AWS Lambda. He loves Apache Kafka and regularly contributes to the Apache Kafka project.
Stéphane has also written a guest blog post that was featured on the Confluent website, the company behind Apache Kafka. He is also an AWS Certified Solutions Architect and has many years of experience with technologies such as Apache Kafka, Apache NiFi, Apache Spark, Hadoop, PostgreSQL, Tableau, Spotfire, Docker, Ansible, and more.
Table of contents
- Chapter 1 : gRPC Course Overview
- Chapter 2 : [Theory] gRPC Internals Deep Dive
- Chapter 3 : [Hands-On] gRPC Project Overview Setup
- Chapter 4 : [Hands-On] gRPC Unary
- Chapter 5 : [Hands-On] gRPC Server Streaming
- Chapter 6 : [Hands-On] gRPC Client Streaming
- Chapter 7 : [Hands-On] gRPC Bi-Directional Streaming
- Chapter 8 : [Hands-On] gRPC Advanced Features Deep Dive
- Chapter 9 : [Hands-On] CRUD API with MongoDB
- Chapter 10 : Next Steps
- Title: gRPC [Golang] Master Class: Build Modern API and Microservices
- Release date: January 2019
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781838555467
You might also like
gRPC [Java] Master Class: Build Modern API and Microservices
RPC is a new and modern framework for building scalable, modern, and fast APIs. It is …
Microservices Patterns Video Edition
"A comprehensive overview of the challenges teams face when moving to microservices, with industry-tested solutions to …
Developing Infrastructure as Code with Terraform LiveLessons
4+ Hours of Video Instruction Overview Cloud computing has revolutionized the IT industry over the past …
Kubernetes for the Absolute Beginners - Hands-On
The demand for DevOps engineers in the IT industry is ever-increasing, with the average Silicon Valley …