There are many tech innovations today for companies looking to stay competitive and be more productive. From new programming languages and tools like Hadoop to processes like DevOps, the choices are tempting. Which ones are genuine game changers? Which are right for your business? This report explores guidelines that can help you make crucial "right item, right time" decisions, and assist in the integration of new technology into existing business processes.
Author Esther Schindler explains that even when the item truly is exciting, committing too soon or too late is equally risky. This report will help you navigate the tech adoption maze with advice and eye-opening examples from several executives and consultants intimately involved with this process. You’ll learn a measured approach for recognizing when and how to implement a particular technology change.
- Discover where your company stands on the technology adoption curve
- Measure the promise of a new technology or process against your company goals
- Examine how the change will impact your company’s existing processes, technology, and teams
- Sell the change across the company’s ecosystem, from employees and customers to strategic partners and vendors
- Make the transition slowly by introducing the new tech to only one department or product line
- Consider a formal change management process to execute the change
Esther Schindler is a longtime tech industry journalist who has translated geek-talk into English since 1992. She loves to explain how technology indeed can improve the quality of life. Find her on Twitter at @estherschindler.
Table of contents
Guidelines for Keeping Pace with Innovation and Tech Adoption: Don’t Just Fail Fast—Learn Fast
- You Say “Disruptive” As If It’s a Good Thing
- Evaluating the Options
- Coping with Change
- Title: Guidelines for Keeping Pace with Innovation and Tech Adoption
- Release date: November 2016
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9781491974124
You might also like
Understanding Design Thinking, Lean, and Agile
Highly touted methodologies, such as Agile, Lean, and Design Thinking, leave many organizations bamboozled by an …
Hands-On Machine Learning with Scikit-Learn, Keras, and TensorFlow, 2nd Edition
Through a series of recent breakthroughs, deep learning has boosted the entire field of machine learning. …
The Pragmatic Programmer: your journey to mastery, 20th Anniversary Edition, 2nd Edition
"One of the most significant books in my life." —Obie Fernandez, Author, The Rails Way "Twenty …
Head First Design Patterns, 2nd Edition
You know you don’t want to reinvent the wheel, so you look to design patterns—the lessons …