Hacking Leadership is Mike Myatt's latest leadership book written for leaders at every level. Leadership isn't broken, but how it's currently being practiced certainly is. Everyone has blind spots. The purpose of Hacking Leadership is to equip leaders at every level with an actionable framework to identify blind spots and close leadership gaps. The bulk of the book is based on actionable, topical leadership and management hacks to bridge eleven gaps every business needs to cross in order to create a culture of leadership: leadership, purpose, future, mediocrity, culture, talent, knowledge, innovation, expectation, complexity, and failure. Each chapter:
Gives readers specific techniques to identify, understand, and most importantly, implement individual, team and organizational leadership hacks.
Addresses blind spots and leverage points most leaders and managers haven't thought about, which left unaddressed, will adversely impact growth, development, and performance. All leaders have blind-spots (gaps), which often go undetected for years or decades, and sadly, even when identified the methods for dealing with them are outdated and ineffective - they need to be hacked.
Showcases case studies from the author's consulting practice, serving as a confidant with more than 150 public company CEOs. Some of those corporate clients include: AT&T, Bank of America, Deloitte, EMC, Humana, IBM, JP Morgan Chase, Merrill Lynch, PepsiCo, and other leading global brands.
Hacking Leadership offers a fresh perspective that makes it easy for leaders to create a roadmap to identify, refine, develop, and achieve their leadership potential--and to create a more effective business that is financially solvent and professionally desirable.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: Hacking the Leadership Gap
- Chapter 2: Hacking the Purpose Gap
- Chapter 3: Hacking the Future Gap
- Chapter 4: Hacking the Mediocrity Gap
Chapter 5: Hacking the Culture Gap
- Hacking the Gap between Strategy and Culture
- The Right Foundation—Hacking the Culture Construct
- Hacking the Management Construct
- Hacking the Scarcity Gap
- Hacking the Courage Gap
- Hacking the Arrogance Gap
- Hacking the Rumor Mill
- Hacking Diversity
- Hacking Scalability
- Hacking the Me Too Gap—Don’t Copy, Create
- Chapter 6: Hacking the Talent Gap
- Chapter 7: Hacking the Knowledge Gap
- Chapter 8: Hacking the Innovation Gap
- Chapter 9: Hacking the Expectation Gap
- Chapter 10: Hacking the Complexity Gap
- Chapter 11: Hacking the Failure Gap
- Final Thoughts
- About the Author
- Title: Hacking Leadership: The 11 Gaps Every Business Needs to Close and the Secrets to Closing Them Quickly
- Release date: December 2013
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9781118817414