Chapter 8Outbound E-Mailing and Messaging
This is a long but incredibly important chapter.
To recap where we are at this point in the sales process:
- You have your list of target companies.
- You cleaned them for duplicates.
- You know whom you want to reach at the companies.
- You have their contact information.
- You did your research.
- You have the lists properly segmented.
Now you'll learn:
- What types of messaging are effective in getting positive responses
- A/B testing and e-mail optimization
- What metrics to measure and how to use that information to take action
- How to set up a cadence and how often and for how long you should send e-mails
- The top tools in the B2B Sales space and how to use them
- How to turn negative responses into positive responses
You're ready to start activating your prospects, but before you send anything, you need to focus on your message. There are a lot of resources available that show you how to write cold e-mails.
For subject lines, check out fun and insightful articles from Copyblogger, HubSpot, Buffer, and Quick Sprout.
For the body of the e-mail, I recommend that you check out The Boron Letters and Neville Medhora for AIDA copywriting help. See SalesFolk.com and BreakthroughEmail.com for help on writing cold e-mails.
Additional suggested reading in the resources appear in “Resources and Programs” at the end of this book. For now, I am going to focus on the topic of outbound e-mailing. Check out the resources suggested above for sample e-mails.
Get Hacking Sales now with the O’Reilly learning platform.
O’Reilly members experience books, live events, courses curated by job role, and more from O’Reilly and nearly 200 top publishers.