Filmmakers love gadgets. We flock to any new technology that
demonstrates the slightest potential to help us conceptualize,
visualize, and digitize our creative efforts. So why are we
neglecting those touch-screen powerhouses hiding in our pockets and
It’s time to make a change!
In Hand Held Hollywood’s Filmmaking with the iPad & iPhone, director Taz Goldstein exposes how these remarkable devices can aid in nearly every aspect of film and video production.
Written to empower aspiring filmmakers and reenergize working professionals, this book will help transform your iOS devices into revolutionary filmmaking tools, perfect for brainstorming, screenwriting, pitching, scheduling, storyboarding, camera blocking, shooting, editing, color correcting, mixing, distributing, and more. Time-tested techniques and film theory are woven into an entertaining and informative exploration of nearly 200 mind-blowing apps and accessories.
• Get up to speed quickly with clear, thorough, and friendly descriptions.
• Discover apps and accessories that can lower budgets by replacing thousands of dollars worth of traditional filmmaking equipment and software.
• Start shooting today with a wide range of video camera apps, including specialty tools for variable speed effects, filtering, stabilization, collaborative shooting, and more.
• Whether you’re starting a new video or finishing an existing one, this book features the most helpful apps for your iPad and iPhone—including the iPhone 5.
This unique and often humorous guide will benefit any mobile media maker who wants to get the most out of the technology they already own.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Taz Goldstein has been directing and producing for well over a decade. His award-winning films, television productions, and corporate projects have been enjoyed by millions of viewers worldwide. His popular website, HandHeldHollywood.com, has inspired and empowered a new generation of storytellers, and helped to launch the mobile filmmaking revolution.
Table of Contents
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- Dedication Page
Part One. Development and Pre-Production
- Chapter 1. Stop Playing “Angry Birds” and Write That Script!
- Chapter 2. Don’t Just Sit There—Read a Script and Sit There
- Chapter 3. Here’s the Pitch!
- Chapter 4. Prepping the Shoot
Part Two. Production
- Chapter 5. The Director’s Toolkit
- Chapter 6. Lights! Camera! Airplane Mode!
- Chapter 7. Mount It, Mod It, and Mic It
- Chapter 8. The Most Versatile Tools on Set
Part Three. PostProduction and Beyond
- Chapter 9. From Mess to Masterpiece
- Chapter 10. It’s Done! Now What?
- Ad Page
- Title: Hand Held Hollywood’s Filmmaking with the iPad & iPhone
- Release date: December 2012
- Publisher(s): Peachpit Press
- ISBN: 9780133094299