What’s in your director’s toolkit? Permit me to tell you what’s in mine:
• One roll of gaffer’s tape
• Two Sharpies (one black and one red)
• A ball-point pen that I fully expect to lose
• Mentos, preferably strawberry
• A copy of The War of Art by Steven Pressfield
• My iPad
• My iPhone
• Another roll of gaffer’s tape (you can never have enough gaffer’s tape)
If it wasn’t apparent after viewing my exhaustive list, allow me to summarize. My director’s toolkit contains anything that will keep me prepared, proactive, and productive...and Mentos.
To help round out your toolkit, this chapter discusses apps that will help you prepare for an upcoming shoot, be proactive while on set, and remain productive under pressure. ...