Investment Administration has a key role to play in the many and varied investment products and services that are available in the retail investment marketplace. Kevin Rothwell's Handbook of Investment Administration provides a comprehensive and readable source of both background and practical information for the practitioner. The Handbook takes the main aspects of investment administration and drills down into the detail of these from a retail perspective. It covers areas that are unique to the private client business such as trusts. It explains the background on why processes are undertaken providing as essential reference aid for the practitioner.
Key features include:
A full range of Investment Administration functions from New Business to Settlement through to Corporate Actions.
Specialist areas such as Trusts and Charities are covered in depth.
Concise introduction to each subject providing interesting background information, followed by a detailed review.
Essential reading for candidates undertaking Securities & Investment Institute IAQ exams examinations.
Table of Contents
- Cover Page
- Title Page
- About the Author
- Part I: INTRODUCTORY ELEMENTS
Part II: INVESTMENT ADMINISTRATION
- Chapter 2: NEW AND CLOSING BUSINESS
- Chapter 3: TRADING
- Chapter 4: SETTLEMENT
- Chapter 5: CORPORATE ACTIONS
Part III: OTHER CONSIDERATIONS
- Chapter 6: CUSTODY
- Chapter 7: TAX
- Chapter 8: POWERS OF ATTORNEY
- Chapter 9: OUTSOURCING
Part IV: INVESTMENT ACCOUNTS AND PRODUCTS
- Chapter 10: INDIVIDUAL SAVINGS ACCOUNTS (ISAs)
- Chapter 11: COLLECTIVE INVESTMENT SCHEMES
- Chapter 12: TRUSTS
- Chapter 13: CHARITIES
- Chapter 14: SELF-INVESTED PERSONAL PENSIONS
- Chapter 15: DERIVATIVE PRODUCTS
- READING MATERIAL
- Title: Handbook of Investment Administration
- Release date: December 2007
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9780470033623