Jump-start your application development with automated continuous integration and deployment!
About This Video
- Create an automated DevOps pipeline using GitLab CI.
- Deploy GitLab CI runners for virtualized and containerized builds.
- Get started fast with gitlab.com, then learn how to deploy your own GitLab server.
Developing modern software requires an automated pipeline that builds, tests, and deploys your application, complete with its required infrastructure. GitLab is a Git-based version control server, available at gitlab.com or as a private server. GitLab CI provides automated builds and deployments right from within GitLab. With GitLab CI, it is easy to add build and deployment automation that triggers on every code change, helping you build high-quality, reliable software and deploy it to production at speed. This course will give you a hands-on tutorial on GitLab CI. You will use GitLab CI to create a DevOps pipeline to automatically build, test, and deploy software to virtual machines and container environments.
You will explore the features of GitLab CI, including using runners to execute build jobs, creating multi-stage builds, and deploying to virtualized and containerized environments. You will see how easy it is to get started with GitLab CI by deploying your own runners in cloud environments or on your own servers, using Docker and Kubernetes or ordinary scripting.
By the end of this course, you'll be ready to use GitLab CI for your own applications to automate your build and deployment pipelines.
Table of contents
- Chapter 1 : Automated DevOps Pipelines
- Chapter 2 : Build Stages, Artifacts, and Dependencies
- Chapter 3 : Automated Application Deployment
- Chapter 4 : Application Quality and Monitoring
- Chapter 5 : Custom CI Infrastructure
- Title: Hands-On Auto DevOps with GitLab CI
- Release date: March 2019
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781838554644
You might also like
Go is rapidly becoming the preferred language for building web services. While there are plenty of …
Kubernetes in 7 Days
Build strong Kubernetes foundations in 1 week About This Video Learn how to build, manage, and …
Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) RHEL 9
14+ Hours of Video Instruction Get intensive, hands-on RHEL 9 training with Sander van Vugt in …
Complete Python Scripting for Automation
Get up to speed with automating repetitive tasks with Python About This Video Understand how to …