Jump-start your application development with automated continuous integration and deployment!
About This Video
- Create an automated DevOps pipeline using GitLab CI.
- Deploy GitLab CI runners for virtualized and containerized builds.
- Get started fast with gitlab.com, then learn how to deploy your own GitLab server.
Developing modern software requires an automated pipeline that builds, tests, and deploys your application, complete with its required infrastructure. GitLab is a Git-based version control server, available at gitlab.com or as a private server. GitLab CI provides automated builds and deployments right from within GitLab. With GitLab CI, it is easy to add build and deployment automation that triggers on every code change, helping you build high-quality, reliable software and deploy it to production at speed. This course will give you a hands-on tutorial on GitLab CI. You will use GitLab CI to create a DevOps pipeline to automatically build, test, and deploy software to virtual machines and container environments.
You will explore the features of GitLab CI, including using runners to execute build jobs, creating multi-stage builds, and deploying to virtualized and containerized environments. You will see how easy it is to get started with GitLab CI by deploying your own runners in cloud environments or on your own servers, using Docker and Kubernetes or ordinary scripting.
By the end of this course, you'll be ready to use GitLab CI for your own applications to automate your build and deployment pipelines.
Who this book is for
Table of contents
- Chapter 1 : Automated DevOps Pipelines
- Chapter 2 : Build Stages, Artifacts, and Dependencies
- Chapter 3 : Automated Application Deployment
- Chapter 4 : Application Quality and Monitoring
- Chapter 5 : Custom CI Infrastructure
- Title: Hands-On Auto DevOps with GitLab CI
- Release date: March 2019
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781838554644
You might also like
Mastering GitLab 12
An expert guide to helping you use DevOps techniques with the latest GitLab version to optimize …
Simplify your DevOps roles with DevOps tools and techniques Key Features Learn to utilize business resources …
Docker, Dockerfile, and Docker-Compose (2020 Ready!)
Get to grips with Docker, containers versus images, and more by learning through a hands-on approach …
Learn Terraform for Cloud Infrastructures
Use Terraform to create a reusable AWS VPC infrastructure About This Video Get a step ahead …