Develop cross-platform apps with the help of Xamarin.Forms
About This Video
- This course provides a complete tour of Xamarin.Forms, from an introduction to XAML right through to advanced Xamarin.Forms concepts and techniques
- The course is ordered logically, with each skill based on what has come before. The complete source code is available on GitHub to make following along easier.
- You will be using the very latest version of Xamarin.Forms and C# 8, allowing us to take advantage of the latest features
This course will be your perfect guide and will help you get up-and-running with building cross-platform mobile applications with the Xamarin.Forms framework.
You will learn about the basics of Visual Studio 19, how to download and install it, and Xcode. We will cover View Model concepts and explore Data Binding as well as event handlers. We use a practical and hands-on approach to help you understand NUnit and Moq concepts effectively. You will understand how Xamarin.Forms allow you to create user interfaces that can be shared across platforms.
We start by running a program using both Android and iOS emulators and simulators, respectively. Then we will set up a solution for your cross-development project. Along the way, you will look at unit-testing your code.
By the end of the course, you'll be confident enough to design and develop cross-platform applications with the help of Xamarin.Forms.
This course is for developers who are familiar with mobile application development and want to build cross-platform applications using Xamarin.Forms.
No prior knowledge of Xamarin.Form is needed. However, a basic knowledge of C# is assumed.
Table of contents
- Chapter 1 : Getting started
- Chapter 2 : View Models
- Chapter 3 : Navigation
- Chapter 4 : Shell Styling
- Chapter 5 : Unit Testing
- Chapter 6 : Finishing Up
- Title: Hands-On Cross-Platform Development with Xamarin.Forms
- Release date: May 2020
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781800207226
You might also like
C# in Depth, 4th Ed, Video Edition
"Jon doesn’t just explain how C# works; he explains how the whole thing holds together as …
40 Algorithms Every Programmer Should Know
Learn algorithms for solving classic computer science problems with this concise guide covering everything from fundamental …
C# 8.0 and .NET Core 3.0 - Modern Cross-Platform Development
Learn the fundamentals, practical applications, and latest features of C# 8.0 and .NET Core 3.0 from …