This course will be your perfect guide and will help you get up-and-running with building cross-platform mobile applications with the Xamarin.Forms framework.
You will learn about the basics of Visual Studio 19, how to download and install it, and Xcode. We will cover View Model concepts and explore Data Binding as well as event handlers. We use a practical and hands-on approach to help you understand NUnit and Moq concepts effectively. You will understand how Xamarin.Forms allow you to create user interfaces that can be shared across platforms.
We start by running a program using both Android and iOS emulators and simulators, respectively. Then we will set up a solution for your cross-development project. Along the way, you will look at unit-testing your code.
By the end of the course, you'll be confident enough to design and develop cross-platform applications with the help of Xamarin.Forms.
What You Will Learn
- Master Xamarin.Forms programming to give you 90%+ reuse, while outputting native code that is indistinguishable from code generated in the native platform
- Get a solid understanding of, and proficiency with, XAML to achieve complete control of your application s look and feel
- Completely understand the Model-View-ViewModel (MVVM) pattern, which is used throughout the industry as the fundamental design pattern for Xamarin
- Understand how Xamarin.Forms views and their corresponding view models fit together to ensure you are creating applications using industry best practices
- Unit-test your code to ensure first-class programs
- Leverage the Inversion of Control and Dependency Injection techniques to facilitate testing
- Extend Xamarin.Forms with effects and custom controls
This course is for developers who are familiar with mobile application development and want to build cross-platform applications using Xamarin.Forms.
No prior knowledge of Xamarin.Form is needed. However, a basic knowledge of C# is assumed.
About The Author
Jesse Liberty: Jesse Liberty is a full-time hands-on programmer, specializing in C#, git and .NET MAUI. He hosts the popular Yet Another Podcast and is the author of more than a dozen best-selling programming books.
Liberty is a Certified Xamarin Developer, a Xamarin MVP and a Microsoft MVP. He was a Technical Evangelist for Microsoft, Distinguished Software Engineer at AT&T; Software Architect for PBS and Vice President of Information Technology at Citibank, and he was on the teaching staff at Brandeis University. Jesse is a recognized expert and has spoken at conferences world-wide.
Table of contents
- Chapter 1 : Getting started
- Chapter 2 : View Models
- Chapter 3 : Navigation
- Chapter 4 : Shell Styling
- Chapter 5 : Unit Testing
- Chapter 6 : Finishing Up
- Title: Hands-On Cross-Platform Development with Xamarin.Forms
- Release date: May 2020
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781800207226
You might also like
Android UI Development with Jetpack Compose
Get started with creating intuitive native user interfaces on Android platforms Key Features Understand the difference …
The Complete Flutter and Dart App Development Course
The Complete Flutter and Dart App Development Course is the first comprehensive Dart and Flutter course, …
C# 9 and .NET 5 – Modern Cross-Platform Development - Fifth Edition
Publisher’s Note: Microsoft stopped supporting .NET 5 in May 2022. The newer 8th edition of the …
Mobile Development with .NET- Second Edition
A mobile applications development masterclass for .NET and C# developers Key Features Uncover the new features …