Once developers have written code and it is put into production, there is a need to observe what the code is doing, how well it is performing, and what resources it is using. MicroProfile has created two specifications to deal with these concerns: Metrics and (integration with) OpenTracing.
Starting off with the Metrics section, we will discuss the following topics:
- The rationale behind specifications
- Exposition formats of metrics on an enabled server
- Providing metrics from within your application
- Using Prometheus, a cloud-native time series database, to retrieve and analyze metric data
In the OpenTracing section, we will discuss the following:
- An introduction to the tracing domain
- Configuration properties ...