Functional programming, a popular programming paradigm used to simplify many tasks, will help you write flexible and succinct code. This paradigm makes programs easier to reason with because they're deterministic (one specific input will always give you the same output).
This course takes a thought-leadership approach, gently introduces you to Functional Programming, and takes you all the way to becoming a master of the paradigm. You'll then learn how to work with higher-order functions, lambda functions, collections and more. You'll learn how to apply the best data structures and algorithms that optimize functions and also how to reuse and refactor functional blocks of code. This course is updated to Java 12 so that you will be ahead of the crowd.
By the end of the course, you will have mastered the concepts regarding functional programming along with OOP, to build robust and highly testable applications.
What You Will Learn
- Utilize the functional programming paradigm on practical problems in Java.
- You will be able to create robust software with few errors.
- Discover the Java Stream interface for developing functional source code.
- Implement lambda expressions all through your code, making it more readable and maintainable.
- You will implement the Collections framework and all of its interfaces.
If you are a Java developer and want to improve your applications using the functional programming approach, then this course is for you. A solid understanding of Java concepts is required.
Table of contents
- Chapter 1 : Understanding Functional Programming
- Chapter 2 : Working with Lambda Expressions
- Chapter 3 : Develop Functional Code Using the Collections Framework
- Chapter 4 : Implementing the Stream API
- Chapter 5 : Advanced Stream Operations
- Chapter 6 : Implementing Concurrent Streams in Your Code
- Title: Hands-On Functional Programming with Java
- Release date: February 2019
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781789804362
You might also like
Functional Programming in Java
Functional Programming in Java teaches Java developers how to incorporate the most powerful benefits of functional …
Learning Java Functional Programming
Create robust and maintainable Java applications using the functional style of programming About This Book Explore …
Functional Programming in Java 8
In this Java 8 course for experienced programmers, Martin Kalin introduces constructs such as lambda expressions, …
Learn Design Patterns with Java
Design Patterns give a software developer an array of tried and tested solutions to common problems, …