Chapter 2. System Initialization
This chapter covers the following subjects:
• The Boot Process—This section provides a high-level overview of the boot process and how it works.
• Working with GRUB—Here, you learn how to work with GRUB, the default bootloader for Red Hat.
• Runlevels—This section covers the different runlevels and how they work during the boot process.
• Service Management—This section explains how to manage system services during and after the boot process.
The following RHCSA exam objectives are covered:
• Boot, reboot, and shut down the system normally
• Boot systems into different runlevels manually
• Configure systems to boot into a specific runlevel automatically
• Use single-user mode to gain access to a system
• Start, ...
Get Hands-on Guide to the Red Hat Exams: RHSCA and RHCE Cert Guide and Lab Manual now with the O’Reilly learning platform.
O’Reilly members experience books, live events, courses curated by job role, and more from O’Reilly and nearly 200 top publishers.