Chapter 2. System Initialization
This chapter covers the following subjects:
• The Boot Process—This section provides a high-level overview of the boot process and how it works.
• Working with GRUB—Here, you learn how to work with GRUB, the default bootloader for Red Hat.
• Runlevels—This section covers the different runlevels and how they work during the boot process.
• Service Management—This section explains how to manage system services during and after the boot process.
The following RHCSA exam objectives are covered:
• Boot, reboot, and shut down the system normally
• Boot systems into different runlevels manually
• Configure systems to boot into a specific runlevel automatically
• Use single-user mode to gain access to a system
• Start, ...