Chapter 10. The Kernel
This chapter covers the following subjects:
• Kernel Basics—This section covers the basics of the kernel.
• Updating the Kernel—This section covers different ways to update the kernel.
• Tuning the Kernel with /proc/sys—This section looks at ways you can tune the kernel for performance.
The following RHCSA exam objective is covered:
• Update the kernel package appropriately to ensure a bootable system
The following RHCE exam objective is covered:
• Use /proc/sys and sysctl to modify and set kernel runtime parameters
The heart of Red Hat is the Linux kernel. The kernel is responsible for interacting with the hardware and producing output to the screen. There is also a virtual file system that gets created in the /proc directory ...