Chapter 18. DNS
This chapter covers the following subjects:
• Setting Up BIND—This section covers how to set up a DNS server.
• Configuring a DNS Server—This section walks through the configuration of different types of DNS servers.
• DNS Utilities and Troubleshooting—This section covers the different utilities used to configure and troubleshoot a DNS server.
• BIND Security—Nothing is more important than securing a service, so this section covers all the details of DNS security.
The following RHCE exam objectives are covered:
• Install the packages needed to provide the service
• Configure SELinux to support the service
• Configure the service to start when the system is booted
• Configure the service for basic operation
• Configure host-based ...
Get Hands-on Guide to the Red Hat Exams: RHSCA and RHCE Cert Guide and Lab Manual now with the O’Reilly learning platform.
O’Reilly members experience books, live events, courses curated by job role, and more from O’Reilly and nearly 200 top publishers.