The first issues to consider when undertaking any webcast are business issues. You can have the best content in the world and produce a flawless webcast, however, if you don’t have a way to measure its success, then it’s hard to justify the time, effort and expense you put into it. Specifically the questions to ask yourself are:
• Who is the audience for this broadcast?
• What is the purpose of the webcast? Is it satisfying a particular need? Is a webcast the most efficient method of getting the message out to the audience?
• Where is the webcast taking place? Is the location appropriate?
• When is the event? Is there sufficient time to plan adequately?
• Why? Is there really a demand for this ...