Now that you’ve recorded and optimized your raw audio and video files, it’s time to get into the meat of streaming media: encoding. You’ll convert the raw files into compressed files specially designed for distribution and playback over the Internet in real time. In this chapter, you will:
• Revisit your audience evaluation
• Choose the right codec
• Encode audio and video with Windows Media Encoder
• Encode video with Windows Media Encoder
• Customize a Windows Media Encoder session
• Learn about Windows Media Encoder utilities
Before you get too far into the mechanics of encoding, you should revisit your audience evaluation in Chapter 2, Streaming Media ...