Chapter 7 offered some background about streaming media serving to help you understand some of the basics. This chapter goes into more step-by-step detail about publishing your work via a Windows Media Services. By the end of the chapter, you’ll understand:
• The difference between HTTP streaming and “true” streaming
• How to install Windows Media Services
• More about publishing points
• How to use Windows Media Services Administrator
• The basics of testing and Windows Media Load Simulator
This book distinguishes between “true” streaming, which uses specialized streaming protocols, such as Microsoft Media Services (MMS), and a second type, ...