Learn how to use Puppet to automate your infrastructure
About This Video
- Deploy puppet masters, and use code from Puppet Forge to write your own manifests
- Follow along as we configure a mock environment with Virtual Machines
- Learn Puppet through carefully chosen examples. This course focuses on the elements you need to know to get your work done.
Puppet is a configuration management system. It is a language written for and by system administrators, to manage a large number of systems efficiently and prevent configuration drift. It automates all your IT configurations, giving you control over what you do to each node, allowing you to decided when and how you do it.
Managing your application's infrastructure requires constant updates and security for infrastructure reliability. Automation provides faster deployments and fewer failures, improves security, and reduces costs for your organization. Puppet is an ideal tool for automating IT infrastructure in your organization and this course will show you how to do this.
The course gives you a hands-on tutorial in the Puppet platform and so you can manage your IT infrastructure. You will build a custom software installation and configuration to match your application infrastructure, and explore the latest Puppet features by executing, testing, and deploying Puppet across your systems. You'll also develop Puppet modules while learning to avoid common errors and overcome everyday challenges.
By the end of this course, you will be confident enough, and have the required skills, to manage your IT infrastructure effectively with Puppet and be ready to use Puppet in your own systems to ensure all of your servers comply with the desired configuration.
Table of contents
- Chapter 1 : Getting Started with Puppet
- Chapter 2 : Idempotence and Configuration Management
- Chapter 3 : The Trifecta
- Chapter 4 : Modules and Puppet Forge
- Chapter 5 : Installing a Website
- Chapter 6 : Extending Puppet
- Chapter 7 : Puppet Lookup
- Title: Hands-On Infrastructure Automation with Puppet 6
- Release date: April 2020
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781838647308
You might also like
Kubernetes Course from a DevOps guru (Kubernetes + Docker)
Kubernetes from the ground up; deploy and scale performant and reliable containerized applications with Kubernetes About …
Puppet for Absolute Beginners - Hands-on
Learn Orchestration and Automation in DevOps with Puppet with lectures, demos, and hands-on coding exercises About …
Mastering Puppet 6 for Large Infrastructures
Configure servers in large infrastructures with ease using Puppet About This Video Learn advanced configuration techniques …
Hands-On Continuous Integration and Automation with Jenkins
Build, test, and package applications with Jenkins in this hands-on video course supported by practical real-world …