2. Kubernetes on Azure (AKS)
Installing and maintaining Kubernetes clusters correctly and securely is difficult. Thankfully, all the major cloud providers, such as Azure, AWS, and Google Cloud Platform (GCP), facilitate installing and maintaining clusters. In this chapter, you will navigate through the Azure portal, launch your own cluster, and run a sample application. All of this will be accomplished from your browser.
The following topics will be covered in this chapter:
- Creating a new Azure free account
- Navigating the Azure portal
- Launching your first cluster
- Starting your first application
Let's start by looking at the different ways to create an AKS cluster, and then run our sample application.