Following our discussion on the IP header for the packet, we captured in Wireshark. Let's check out the TCP header:
We can see that the TCP header contains the following sections:
- Source Port: The port that generates the packet.
- Destination Port: The port at which the data is addressed for a particular host.
- Sequence number: The first data byte position.
- Acknowledge number: The next data byte the receiving host is expecting.
- Header Length: The length of the Transport layer header in 32-bit words.
- Flags: The control bit field has the following types of values:
- URG: Prioritize data
- ACK: Acknowledge ...