A complete Python guide to Natural Language Processing to build spam filters, topic classifiers, and sentiment analyzers
About This Video
- Build actual solutions backed by machine learning and Natural Language Processing models, instead of meandering in theory and mathematical symbols.
- Single-handedly build three models, one for spam filtering, 0ne for sentiment analysis, and finally one for text classification.
- Get the right foundation from which to do applied, actual Natural Language Processing. We show you how to get open sourced data, wrangle text into Python data structures with NLTK, and predict different classes of natural language with scikit-learn.
There is an overflow of text data online nowadays. As a Python developer, you need to create a new solution using Natural Language Processing for your next project. Your colleagues depend on you to monetize gigabytes of unstructured text data. What do you do?
Hands-on NLP with NLTK and scikit-learn is the answer. This course puts you right on the spot, starting off with building a spam classifier in our first video. At the end of the course, you are going to walk away with three NLP applications: a spam filter, a topic classifier, and a sentiment analyzer. There is no need for fancy mathematical theory, just plain English explanations of core NLP concepts and how to apply those using Python libraries.
Taking this course will help you to precisely create new applications with Python and NLP. You will be able to build actual solutions backed by machine learning and NLP processing models with ease.
This course is for developers, data scientists, and programmers who want to learn about practical Natural Language Processing with Python in a hands-on way. Developers who have an upcoming project that needs NLP, or a pile of unstructured text data on their hands, and don't know what to do with it, will find this course useful. Prior programming experience with Python is assumed along with being comfortable dealing with machine learning terms such as supervised learning, regression, and classification. No prior Natural Language Processing or text mining experience is needed.
Table of contents
- Chapter 1 : Working with Natural Language Data
- Chapter 2 : Spam Classification with an Email Dataset
- Chapter 3 : Sentiment Analysis with a Movie Review Dataset
- Chapter 4 : Boosting the Performance of Your Models with N-grams
- Chapter 5 : Document Classification with a Newsgroup Dataset
- Chapter 6 : Advanced Topic Modelling with TF-IDF, LSA, and SVMs
- Title: Hands-on NLP with NLTK and Scikit-learn
- Release date: July 2018
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781789345612
You might also like
Hands-On Machine Learning with Scikit-Learn, Keras, and TensorFlow, 2nd Edition
Through a series of recent breakthroughs, deep learning has boosted the entire field of machine learning. …
Hands-On Machine Learning with Scikit-Learn, Keras, and TensorFlow, 3rd Edition
Through a recent series of breakthroughs, deep learning has boosted the entire field of machine learning. …
Natural language processing using transformer architectures
Whether you need to automatically judge the sentiment of a user review, summarize long documents, translate …
Python for Data Analysis, 3rd Edition
Get the definitive handbook for manipulating, processing, cleaning, and crunching datasets in Python. Updated for Python …