Table of contents
- Why Sencha Touch?
- Sencha Touch vs jQuery Mobile
- Sencha Touch vs Appcelerator Titanium
- Sencha Touch vs Kendo UI Mobile
- About Sencha the company
- Audience and Approach
- Sencha Touch Releases
- Using Code Examples
How This Book is Organized
- Part I. Sencha Touch Essentials
- Conventions Used in This Book
- Safari® Books Online
- How to Contact Us
- About the author
I. Sencha Touch Essentials
- 1. Introduction to Sencha Touch
- Install The Required Software
- Install The Optional Software
3. The fundamentals
- Instantiating a basic component
- Implementing templates
- Making references to components
- Learning how component traversing works
- Making references to DOM nodes
- Handling events
- 4. The class system
- 5. The Layout System
6. Structured code
- Design patterns
- Generating an application with Sencha Cmd.
- Generating a Model with Sencha Cmd.
- Implementing a data Store.
- Implementing a View.
- Generating a Controller with Sencha Cmd.
- Referencing a component from a Controller.
- Listening to events from a Controller.
- Implementing the MVC entry point.
- Loading external classes.
- 7. Data Models
8. Remote Connections (Server Proxies)
- Saving or retrieving data from the same domain with AJAX
- Retrieving data from an external domain with JSONP
- Saving or retrieving data from an external domain with AJAX
- 9. Data Stores
- 10. Offline storage (Client Proxies)
- 11. View Components
- 12. Forms
13. Themes and Styles
- Sencha Touch Style Sheets
- Using Sass (Syntactically Awesome Style Sheets)
- Using platform specific out-of-the-box themes
- Creating your own custom theme
- Incorporating custom fonts
- Incorporating custom icons
- Optimizing your Style Sheet for best performance
- Going native
- Build resources
- Adding non-MVC folders to your build package
- Adding extra resources to your build package
- Creating a test build with Sencha Cmd
- Creating a production build with Sencha Cmd
- Creating a native build with Sencha Cmd & Adobe PhoneGap
- 6. Structured code
- III. Appendices
- About the Author
- Title: Hands-On Sencha Touch 2
- Release date: July 2014
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9781449366520
You might also like
The Pragmatic Programmer: your journey to mastery, 20th Anniversary Edition, 2nd Edition
"One of the most significant books in my life." —Obie Fernandez, Author, The Rails Way "Twenty …
Go is rapidly becoming the preferred language for building web services. There are plenty of tutorials …
Docker in Action, Second Edition
Docker in Action, Second Edition teaches you to create, deploy, and manage applications hosted in Docker …
Head First Design Patterns, 2nd Edition
You know you don’t want to reinvent the wheel, so you look to design patterns—the lessons …