In this section, we will take a look at the persistence layer (in other words, the database). As mentioned previously, we will be using Amazon RDS with the PostgreSQL engine.
In this section, you will learn about the following:
- Creating a database using RDS
- Connecting to the database using a command-line SQL tool
- Creating the schema in the database
First, let's create a database instance from the console.
- Select PostgreSQL as the engine on the RDS landing page, as follows:
- Specify the instance details, as follows: