Make your Spring app 100% Safe with Spring Security
About This Video
- Use Spring Security to secure your Spring service
- Understand OAuth2 flow and integration with the Spring application
- Make your app secure by preventing CORS and CSRF attacks
Securing your application from hackers is the most high-pressure concerns for developers. In this course, you’ll learn how to protect your Java application from malicious attacks and users with the Spring Security framework.
You’ll integrate Spring Security into your application using the Spring frameworks through practical, hands-on examples. You’ll see how to secure your web application, integrate authentication and authorization mechanisms, and restrict access to your application. You’ll discover how to integrate it with popular frameworks such as Spring Web MVC, Spring-Boot, Spring-Data, Servlet API injection, and more.
We’ll cover the security challenges with Reactive web apps built for the cloud, RESTful web services, and microservice architectures with the Spring framework. You’ll also implement techniques for protection against attacks such as session fixation, clickjacking, cross-site request forgery, and more.
By the end of the course, you’ll understand common security vulnerabilities and be able to prevent them with Spring Security, with an empirical approach to securing your web applications.
The code bundle for this course is available at https://github.com/PacktPublishing/Hands-on-Spring-Security-5.1.1
Downloading the example code for this course: You can download the example code files for all Packt video courses you have purchased from your account at http://www.PacktPub.com. If you purchased this course elsewhere, you can visit http://www.PacktPub.com/support and register to have the files e-mailed directly to you.
Table of contents
- Chapter 1 : Starting Application Guarded by Spring Security
Chapter 2 : Create Custom Authentication and Integrate It with Spring MVC
- Create MVC Flow for Your Application 00:04:19
- Integrating with MVC Flow 00:03:53
- Testing 00:02:40
- Creating CustomAuthenticationProvider 00:03:50
- Configuring Spring to Use Custom Authentication Mechanism 00:02:42
- Chapter 3 : Using OAuth 2 with Spring Boot Microservice
- Chapter 4 : Custom Authorization with Servlet API and Reactive API
Chapter 5 : Preventing Common Attacks with Spring Security
- CORS and How to Prevent It 00:04:49
- CSRF and How to Prevent It 00:02:23
- Implement Custom CSRF Token Repository 00:04:29
- Testing Our Application to Assert That It Is Secure 00:02:09
- Title: Hands-On Spring Security 5.x
- Release date: January 2019
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781789802931
You might also like
Core Java 11 Fundamentals, Second Edition
10 Hours of Video Instruction Overview Core Java® has long been recognized as the leading, no-nonsense …
Reactive Spring Boot, 2nd Edition
6 Hours of Video Instruction Spring is the most used framework for building services and applications …
Java 8 Lambdas and Streams
In this Java 8 Lambdas and Streams training course, expert author Madhusudhan Konda will teach you …
Learn Spring Boot in 100 Steps - Beginner to Expert
Become an expert on Spring Boot by developing a REST API and a Spring MVC web …