HBase depends on the Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS).
HDFS fundamentally is a distributed file system, which relies on following core principles:
The following are the benefits of using HDFS:
- It's designed to work as a fault-tolerant system and is rack aware.
- It works on the low-cost commodity hardware.
- HDFS relaxes core system POSIX requirements to facilitate streaming access to the underlying OS access of file system data.
- It's designed to write once and read many times. It also supports parallel reading and processing the data (read, write, and append). It doesn't support random writes of data.
- It's designed to scale at a very large level, which means file size like petabyte of data.
- It works with minimum data ...