Do More by Doing Less (at Home and at Work)
by Kate Northrup
- Pick an area of your life you want to improve
- List the tasks and activities you do in that area
- Write down your biggest wins in that area
- Circle the activities that were most responsible for your wins
- Cut back on everything else
We’ve been taught that if we want more—money, achievement, vitality, joy, peace of mind—we need to do more, to add more to our ever-growing to-do list. But what if we’ve been taught wrong? What if the answer to getting more of what we want isn’t addition at all, but subtraction?
As it turns out, evidence supports that if we want to ramp up our productivity and happiness, we should actually be doing less. David Rock, author of Your Brain at ...