What’s a Working Dad to Do?
by Scott Behson
- Own your role in changing the conversation about working fathers
- Talk about your family at work and ask other men about theirs
- Start an informal group to discuss your lives outside of work
- Use work flexibility—and ensure that others see you doing it
- Take your full paternity leave, so others will model your behavior
I was once on a radio show to discuss the struggles men face in trying to balance work and family demands. During the interview, the cohost told a quick anecdote about a run-in he had when he was a rising corporate lawyer at a prestigious New York City firm.
He was divorced and his ex-wife and his kids lived in London, so he flew there to see his kids every other weekend. ...