This chapter covers Domain 1, “Healthcare Industry,” of the HCISPP certification. After you read and study this chapter, you should be able to:
• Understand the general organization of the United States healthcare system as well as select international healthcare delivery systems.
• Recognize the roles that make up the healthcare delivery system and how these interact with the information security professional.
• Understand the systems and taxonomies used to provide coding of healthcare information and to facilitate exchange of information in patient care delivery and payment.
• Be aware of the financial components of delivering and sustaining healthcare operations.
• Comprehend privacy and security aspects ...