Head First Swift
Swift is a programming language you can rely on. A language you can present to the family. Safe, reliable, speedy, friendly, easy to talk to, it’s the language of choice for Apple’s platforms—iOS, macOS, watchOS, and tvOS. But open source Swift also runs on Linux as well as the server, and it's gaining ground in scientific computing and web apps. Swift for Windows is even in the works. You can build everything from mobile apps to games, web apps, frameworks, and beyond. So jump in and get started!
What's so special about this book?
If you've read a Head First book, you know what to expect—a visually rich format designed for the way your brain works. If you haven't, you're in for a treat. With this book, you'll learn Swift through a multisensory experience that engages your mind rather than a text-heavy approach that puts you to sleep.
Table of contents
1. Introducing Swift: Apps, web, AI, and beyond!
- Swift is a language for everything
- Swift has evolved fast.
- The swift evolution of Swift
- How you’re going to write Swift
- Getting Playgrounds
- Downloading and installing Playgrounds on macOS
- Creating a Playground
- Using a Playground to code Swift
- Basic building blocks
- A Swift Example
- Here’s what you need to build
- The print function
- Building a list of ingredients
- Displaying our random pizza
- Congrats on your first Swift steps
- There are no Dumb Questions
- 2. Swift by name: Swift by Nature
- Title: Head First Swift
- Release date: December 2021
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9781491922859
You might also like
Data Science from Scratch, 2nd Edition
To really learn data science, you should not only master the tools—data science libraries, frameworks, modules, …
Head First Design Patterns, 2nd Edition
You know you don’t want to reinvent the wheel, so you look to design patterns—the lessons …
Kubernetes in Action
Kubernetes in Action teaches you to use Kubernetes to deploy container-based distributed applications. You'll start with …
Hands-On Machine Learning with Scikit-Learn, Keras, and TensorFlow, 2nd Edition
Through a series of recent breakthroughs, deep learning has boosted the entire field of machine learning. …