HEALTH CARE ORGANIZATIONS
• To obtain an overview of organizations that deliver health care in the United States
• To appreciate the connection between organizations and the market segments they serve
• To understand the structure, characteristics, and challenges of health care organizations
• To distinguish differences among managed care organizations
• To recognize the policy issues raised by the organization of health care in the United States
THE IMPORTANCE OF ORGANIZATIONS IN HEALTH CARE
Effective delivery of health services requires an understanding of human organization. Health care today usually involves coordination of large numbers of diverse individuals. “Diverse” in this sense signifies not only differences ...