THE HEALTH CARE LABOR FORCE
• To attain an overview of the health care labor force
• To appreciate the histories of selected health professions and their impact on present-day management and practice
• To distinguish professionalism from other occupational orientations
• To understand the challenges posed by health professionals to management
• To become familiar with policy issues associated with the size and distribution of the health care labor force
HEALTH CARE LABOR FORCE ISSUES
The preceding chapter identified health care organizations as the operating units of the system. Whatever system of health care a country adopts, formal organizations are necessary as the venues for providers to exchange services for ...