BIOMEDICAL RESEARCH AND PROGRAM EVALUATION
• To appreciate the importance of research in the health care industry
• To comprehend the choices available to researchers in assessing interventions
• To assess the adequacy of research as a tool for decision making
• To realize the limitations of research
• To recognize the social and ethical issues in biomedical science
THE IMPORTANCE OF RESEARCH
Systematic research in biomedical and related sciences deserves credit for the explosion of new treatments and technologies evident today. Research techniques whose fundamentals originated in the days of research pioneers such as Koch and Pasteur have made this progress possible. Biomedical research today is a multibillion-dollar ...