GOVERNMENT, POLICY, AND POLITICS IN HEALTH CARE
• To understand the need for government participation in health care
• To learn how government participates in the U.S. health care system
• To become familiar with major milestones in U.S. health policy
• To see how private interests influence government actions
• To recognize effective strategies for advocacy
GOVERNMENT AND HEALTH CARE IN THE UNITED STATES
Although government plays a smaller role in health care in the United States than it does in other countries, it is still an important force in the health care industry. Funding from public sources is important, as in publicly operated systems of health insurance and subsidy. Medicare, Medicaid, and state and county ...